Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Prayers for Japan



Unless you have lived in Japan (I did as a teenager) it is hard to imagine how amazing these people are.  In the U.S. (and I'm extremely happy to be an American) we reward individualism and self-reliance, both good things.  In Japan, they are all about community and it is amazing to see how a country full of devastating disaster can rise and show us an example of what the world could be.  I remember so well how peacefully everyone treated one another and Americans can prove to be challenging.  They always treated each other with respect.  I don't want to live anywhere else or be anyone else, but a little peace towards one another and a little consideration when you feel like biting someone's head off would sure go along way to making the world a better place day to day.

I guess I will start with the woman in the mirror....

1 comment:

Lanyardlady said...

Great post. We were talking about this today. How in some countries "taking care of me" comes before "taking care of us." I admire the people who are managing day-to-day in such terrifying times.