Sunday, September 5, 2010

Went to the mountains today



We had lunch minutes away from this old train trestle and about 10 feet from the depot above.
SPECTACULAR!

While my heart still aches something awful for my boy, some good friends drove me to the Southern New Mexico mountains today.  We got take out in a local town and picnic-d under pine trees at a lovely forest-y type spot.  Lots of Labor Day families there with their dogs (tug-tug at my heart), but it was the right place for me to be.

My friends had burgers and I had a yummy Philly cheese steak sandwich.  We chatted and gossiped about the district and nothing in particular.  On the way back to El Paso we stopped at Caliche's and had giant frozen vanilla custards, theirs were plain, mine with perfect banana slices.  I was obviously feeding my hurting soul today.

All in all it was a day made out of what friendship is all about.  We sang 70's songs along with the radio on the way home.  They took care of me, Susan and Jim did.  I will love them forever anyway, but especially more because of today.

1 comment:

Lanyardlady said...

What wonderful friends. I'm glad you got away for a day.